hover over

HOVER OVER ANY PHOTO AND SHARE IT ONTO YOUR
PINTEREST, FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ACCOUNTS


Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Thank You Cards with "Silks Acrylic Glaze"

Hello My dear Friends:

Summer is coming to a slow end...students are back in school; work is starting again, summer life is fading little by little...and even the stores are announcing next seasons: they are ready for "Halloween, Thanksgiving and even Christmas" ...how sad is this? We are always running against time...

Today I would like to share a set of "Thank You" cards that I made for the language Blogs (Spanish and French) for "Memory Box"...using "Silks Acrylic Glaze" for the backgrounds...

This first one was made for the French Blog: "Un brin de Créativité" ...

merci thank you card front

I painted the background with "Silks acrylics glazed" jars...see the shine!!! I love these little jars!
Just grab a paint brush, take some paint from the jar and place some strokes on your paper...I used a heavy (100lb) card stock in white but you can use also some watercolor paper if you desire...

merci thank you card side view

I added  three die cuts in white paper and Voilà a very "artsy" card!

merci thank you card side view

This second card...was done in the same way...just with some different colors for the background...

***Note:
The difference of these paints with "regular" acrylic paints (from "DecoArt Americana" for example  or any other acrylic paint) is that these come with a glaze, the shine is very intense and when mixing colors they are not "muddy", because of the glaze in them...
They come in small jars...and the paint is very intense, condensed and thick...
so you just need a small amount of paint in you brush....

gracias thank you circle card front

Detail of the painted background! see the shine?...in person it is really beautiful!
I used some die cuts in parchment paper for the wreath...

gracias thank you circle card detail circle

I hope you have enjoyed this set of thank you cards...and give these paints a try...You will not regret to have try them, I am sure that you will use them many times as I have done so...
see them on the supply list below...

For samples using these paints click HERE


Thank you for the company 
and see you next time...


SUPPLIES

NOTE: The "merci" die cut is on SALE, get it before it is gone!!! (it will be a retired die very soon)

7 comments:

  1. jolies cartes un faible pour la seconde, bises Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glaze is fabulous What beautiful card you made .Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had not heard of those paints but they sure are pretty on the cards, I love the second one, pretty colors and the leaves in the parchment is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très jolies ces deux cartes ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  5. tes fonds sont de toutes beautés !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!...AND Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post today...It keeps me motivated!
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me, I will be more than happy to answer them.
THANKS again, Bibiana